forgotten dreams

Saturday, November 15

Guess what?
I woke up at 11 today~!!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!!!!!! Heheh. I'm weird.

The cousin smsed asking if I want to iftaar later with her. hmmmmmmmmmMM... Not so sure though. Cause dad isnt working today and I'm thinking of asking him to go Johor. I guess I miss the days when the family would go Johor almost once every 2 weeks to visit grandma and arwah grandpa. We would stop by Giant first to buy the groceries, food and whatnots for both ourselves and them. Then I'll laze around the house.. Most of the time under the fan cause the weather's always so hot! Hehehee... And on Hari Raya, it's the best place to be! Everybody would come in the evening with lots of food. The younger cousins would run off to the playground while the older ones would hang around, eavesdropping on the elder's conversation. Hahahaha... Furthermore, we have the whole street to ourselves, cause most of the neighbours would have gone back to their kampung.

I guess I'm lucky. To have the best of both worlds. I grew up knowing how cows, sheeps, chickens, buffalos and horses look like. Without having to go to a farm or the zoo. Free of charge! Hehehehee... Not many people I know still have a kampung somewhere. Mine's at Melaka. Lovely place. It's half made of wood like the other kampung houses and half made of bricks. Oh and the toilets' modernised ah... No need to find a well to get water. LoL~ Though I've tried bathing from the water in a well. It felt so cold! But it was a nice experience. The weather's hot in the day but cool at night. Just like in the desserts. =) Durian trees all around. Rambutan, mango and coconut tress too. Monkeys swinging from tree to tree, eating all the fruits and leaving me none. Visit relatives.. Everybody's always related to everybody else. Thus, I have a really BIG family. And that's only the paternal side. =) The people there would call us "Orang Singapore" (Singaporeans). Hehehehee... Funny.

I've no idea how this year's Hari Raya is going to be like. Many things have changed. It'll be the second one without arwah grandpa and a first without him, the one I love. But, it'll be a first one for himself and her. Wishing them all the best. Remember the saying, "When you love someone let him/her go. If he/she's your's... He/she will come back to you"? I'm finally letting go now.. But I'm not expecting him to come back. I've finally realised that all that we can ever be is friends. =) And perhaps this year, who knows... Someone else might take over his place. We can never know, can we? *smiles*

Lastly, I would so love to be on a 16 day leave like Ayshy... =p